Kadhi has been one of my favorite items to experiment with and if you are my regular follower you would have found different varities of kadhi here . Guess most of the posted have been loved by people and like always I come from the mindset of making regular food healthy yet tasty.
So while one of my experiments was much loved at home just because it made Kadhi much lighter than the regular 'besan' version..I thought to blog it too. This offcourse had a different taste but is high in protein and you would only love having it more, just because it doesn't make your food feel heavy.
Vegetables add to the goodness and combine with white/brown rice to enjoy a good lunch meal.
- Makhana: 1 cup dry roasted
- Yoghurt: 1 cup
- Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Cumin Seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Carrot: 1/2 cup diced
- Cauliflower: 1/2 cup diced
- French Beans: 1/2 cup cut in 1/2 inches
- Garlic: 1/2 tsp chopped
- Onion: 1 chopped
- Oil: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: 3-5
- Asafoetida: 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds/ Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Make powder of the dry roasted makana.
- Now add this powder in yoghurt with cumin powder, turmeric and 1/2 cup water and give it a good mix till its even.
- In a wok heat oil and add some cumin seeds and then garlic till they are light golden.
- Next add onions and saute till they are caramelized.
- Now add all the vegetables and salt and cook covered on slow flame till the vegetables are done.
- Next add the makhana and yoghurt mixture and keep stirring till it starts boiling.
- Adjust the seasonings and then heat some oil for tempering and add mustard/fenugreek, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the tempering to the kadhi right before you serve.