Dahi Kababs have been one of my favorites since the time I possibly tasted them for the first time at Radisson Noida back in 2006. Not sure that time if I would ever be able to attempt to make one for my own food blog. But like god had planned, I am here ..right in front of your screen sharing my tried and tested Dahi Kababs recipe.
Being healthy food enthusiast, I had to work around making the dahi kababs as nutritious as possible.So I gave it my twist with some high protein fox nut powder (makhana) and paneer. Now this made these Dahi Kababs loaded with protein and good for everyone in family to have it. I used a non-stick pan with just a tsp oil smeared and grilled them on a low flame. You have to be careful whike flipping them but fox nut powder and paneer gives the needed binding support for the same. Serve these Dahi Kababs with mint chutney and you would love it for life.
- Hung Curd : 3 tbsp
- Fresh Paneer: 1 tbsp
- Makhana Powder: 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Black pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tsp chopped
- Oil: 1 tsp
- Take a bowl and add hung curd, crumbled paneer (Use fresh home made paneer if possible) and makhana powder and mix them evenly.
- Next add cardamom powder, black pepper , cumin powder and coriander leaves.
- While you mix all of them together add salt and mix well.
- Make small balls and flatten them into patties or kababs.
- Take a pan and smear the oil and cook the kababs on slow , both the sides.
- Due to the curd and paneer the kababs would remain little greasy and and can be done with little oil itself.
- Just be careful while flipping them for its their softness that melts in the mouth.
- Serve with sauce or pudina chutney and enjoy.