Eggplant Basil Sandwich is a super easy sandwich to make. This I believe anyone can make and doesn't require neither too many ingredients nor too much time. Just fix this when in hurry and enjoy a wholesome breakfast.
But since its Valentine's around I thought to give family's sweet tooth a break and stick to me healthy cooking this season....well when you love someone, gift him/her goodness..isn't it..and I would love to help you prepare this healthy happy meal for your loved one. Just a bit of styling with toasts will do the magic 🙂
Coming back to the recipe , the filling can easily go with tortillas and beans and you would only ask for more. While you can make it more yummier for kids by adding some grated cheese and they would keep asking for more. Use this as pizza topping and let them eat eggplant with ease.
- Whole wheat bread: 2
- Brinjal/Eggplant: 4 tbsp chopped
- Garlic: 1 tsp chopped
- Tomato: 2 tbsp chopped
- Basil leaves: 4-5
- Tomato sauce: 1 tbsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Black pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Boiled egg white: 1 egg diced
- Olive oil : 1 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Heat oil and saute garlic and then add tomatoes.
- Next add egg plant and cook with salt and pepper.
- Tear few basil leaves and add and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Now add some sauce and mix well.
- At the end mix egg white and lemon juice.
- Toast the bread and put a cheese slice(optional).
- Add the layer of eggplant and then serve with chutney.