Green Canapes is my seasonal try when market is loaded with greens everywhere. While in Mumbai you get greens everytime but I still prefer going by the seasons when it comes to fresh vegetables.
So we used Bathua in this recipe and that just made it so yummy and with some fresh toast it was quite a wholesome. Adding curd not just adds more protein to the dish but gives a good tangy flavor to the green layer over the toast. I prefer it spicy but you have your choice to play around with seasonings.
Another simple and healthy recipe to try out when in hurry!!
- Whole wheat bread slices: 2
- Bathua:1 cup blanched
- Garlic: 1 tsp chopped
- Onions: 1 tbsp chopped
- Tomato: 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt: as per taste
- Yoghurt: 2 tbsp
- Green chilli: 1 chopped
- Black pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Take bathua in a bowl and mash it uniformly.
- Now add garlic, onions, chilli, salt, black pepper, tomato and mix well.
- Now mix yoghurt too and give it a nice mix.
- Toast the breads and cut it into quarters and then put the bathua as a topping on the toasts.
- Garnish with some more red chilli and tomatoes and serve.