Spinach Pesto Pasta is a recipe for kids who love pasta but are lacto phobic and moms who love nutrition. Incase you want you can use handful of cashew though since I wanted this for weight watchers too, hence made it without dairy and vegan 🙂
This is easy to make and depending on your choice you can include or exclude cashew and for those who prefer milk can add a 1/2 cup of milk and get a more creamier version. Though a typical pesto is an oil base sauce not cream base, but then its as per your taste. We have used lesser oil too in order to keep the portion controlled and give you more benefits of nutrition. So you must try this version of Spinach Pesto Pasta and enjoy the taste.
- Boiled Pasta: 2 cups
- Blanched Spinach: 20 leaves
- Roasted Garlic: 5-6
- Basil Leaves: 5-6
- Olive Oil: 1 tsp
- Cashew : 6-7 (optional)
- Salt: as per paste
- Black pepper: as per taste
- Vegetable stock: 1/4 cup
- Take blender and make a fine and uniform paste of Spinach, Basil, Cashew, Salt, Black pepper and Roasted garlic.
- Heat oil and pour this pesto paste in the pan and cook without covering for max 5 mins.
- Next add some vegetable stock (or pasta water) and boiled pasta and give it a good mix.
- You can add some boiled corn to it for some added crunch too and serve with garlic bread.