This children’s day we asked few moms to make kids cook and try out some healthy recipes. We offcourse love when kids enter into kitchen and create their own magical recipes. Here is one from #NMMContest where Kavita and her son Hriday share the recipe with us in detail.
So the story is that Hriday (my elder one – 11 yr + and a die hard foodie, can tell the taste of food with the smell of food) wanted to have spaghetti for a long long time, but I was not able to make it but as soon as he saw ad for this competition he offered to cook this with me So here we are, though my kids eat non-veg we don’t make it in front of my in-laws. So we decided to make spaghetti with veggies. And here’s quick recap of the ingredients and the recipe.
Ingredients (For 3 people)
· Spaghetti Packet: ½ Boiled with salt and two spoons of oil, we used borges
· Mushrooms: ½ packet
· Carrots – 1 (chopped in fine thin pieces of about 2 inches)
· Beans – 8-10 (Chopped in slightly longish but thin pieces)
· Broccoli – 5-6 florets (Small)
· Capsicum and Bell pepper – ½ each
· Garlic – few pods (Finely chopped)
· Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
· Tomato – 1 or 2 (finely chopped)
· Readymade Pasta Sauce – 4- 6 spoons we used Veebas
· Ketchup – 5-6 spoons
· Generous amount of Oregano/dry garlic garnishing (We used Keya’s garlic bread masala)
· Generous amount of Italian basil leaves we added home grown spinach too.
· Salt as per taste
· Grated cheese and fried mushrooms for garnishing
· Saute garlic in olive oil for a min, add onion and fry for another min.
· Add all the veggies (including tomatoes) and sauté for 2-3 min
· Add pasta sauce and spices and keep on flame for another min.
· Add boiled spaghetti and mix gently and let it cook for 2-3 min
· Add tomato ketchup and mix cook for some more time.
· Add half a cup of water if the spaghetti looks too sticky.
· Cook for some more time till spaghetti absorbs flavor of veggies and spices
· Put of the gas and add grated cheese and chopped basil leaves…
· Plate it with love. Garnish with a Basil leave, Saute mushroom, a spoon of cream, some grated cheese and serve with a smile 😊
Hriday says it’s the Best Spaghetti ever
o Add some Basil leaves while boiling Spaghetti it gives an add on aroma ( hriday ‘s suggestion)
o You can add some pieces of grilled chicken to make it appealing for non-vegetarians.
o So many veggies not only made it look attractive but healthy too….