Kids love chocolate cake..while we love the kids who make healthy chocolate cake. Here is our young chef who would make you certainly crave for a bite of chocolate cake. Trust me it isn’t easy blogging while you have such tempting pictures to accompany your writing.
That’s why lets get straight to the recipe where Samiya Mahenaz describes here baking shot with her masterchef in making.
It was a great & memorable moment baking with my 7yr old son… who loves baking.. actually i was planning it with my 6yr old daughter who is crazy about baking but due to bad weather here in hyderabad she had fallen sick.. hence choose my elder son.. & now…. Here we come with our healthy “Ragi chocolate cake.
RAGI CHOCOLATE CAKE
Ragi flour – 1 cup
vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Coco powder – 2tbsp
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Milk ( as per ribbon consistency).
1) Preheat the oven to 180C . Grease the cake/ baking tin.
2) sift all the dry ingredients & place it in a separate bowl
3) beat the eggs well into a mixing bowl…then add powdered sugar & oil.. mix well
4) To the egg mixture add all the dry ingredients and whisk the mixture until smooth and well combined.
5) Add vanilla essence & milk ( as per ribbon consistency) to the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth.
6) Pour the cake batter into cake/ baking tin and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a toothpick or a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
7)Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely. before icing.
8) Run a round-bladed knife around the sides of the cake tin to loosen the cake. Carefully remove the cake from the tin.
9) pour the ganache over the cake starting from the center of the cake & work outward.
10)Tada!!! Your “Ragi Chocolate Cake” with chocolate ganache is ready!!
For chocolate ganache:
Chocolate – 1stick ( from a chocolate slab)
Heavy cream – 1 cup
Place the chocolate into a medium pan. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pan. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake.