Kele ka paratha was another of my accidental recipes. So I was all set to make kababs and then these Kele ka paratha just happened. I am sure you must be wondering , how can it just happen 🙂
Well, like any other day I was in kitchen looking for ingredients to try out something new with what was available and then in between I felt hungry. So instead of waiting for kababs to happen, I used it as refiller and that's how Kele ka paratha 'just happened'.
Now these Kele ka paratha are not just tasty but the goodness is beyond description. Like all my other paratha recipes, this too doesn't use much of oil and I prefer cooking it on slow to get the texture right. Lesser oil but softer dough makes it work for me. This Kele ka paratha was much loved by my son too and so I know this can me my another tiffin alternative. It has protein , carbs, fibre and vitamins, all what your powder packed food should have. So without waste of thoughts try out this yummy recipe of Kele ka paratha and let me know how your found it.
- Raw Banana:1
- Chana Dal: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 tbsp chopped
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Asafoetida: 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp chopped
- Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kneaded wheat flour: 1 cup
- Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil and saute garlic and then add chana dal & raw banana cubes with some salt and pressure cook till its tender.
- Now separately heat 1/2 tsp oil, add asafoetida and saute cumin seeds and add the mashed mixture of cooked dal and banana.
- Add 1/2 coriander leaves, mango powder and cumin powder with black pepper powder and cook till its dry and starts binding together.
- At this stage add rest half coriander leaves and garam masala and mix well.
- Once its done keep it aside and stuff this mixture in the kneaded flour balls and make parathas.
- Cook the parathas both the sides and serve hot with chapati and curd.