Red and White Sandwich was an experimental recipe for me, but it turned out to be a o a hit. Hit for two reasons, one it was easy to make and second the colors made it tempting for my little one to finish it. Now isn't this what all moms ask for? Well as I say this, every child is different and so are their choices. While some like this , many won't but that would not know without trying.
So the goodness of red and the white layer of egg just makes it rich in protein and high on vitamins. My personal favorite is beetroot which not just gives me color but nutrition too. So here we present Red and White Sandwich for you to try and experience some goodness.
- Whole wheat bread slices:2
- Egg: 1
- Capsicum: 2 tbsp chopped
- Tomato : 1 tbsp chopped
- Boiled Beet root: 1 tbsp chopped
- Garlic Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oregano: 1 tsp
- Black pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Cream cheese: 1 tsp
- Coriander: 1 tsp chopped
- Tomato Sauce: 1 tbsp
- Oil: 1 tsp
- Saute Beetroot with some black pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Now mix capsicum, tomato, oregano, black pepper, sauce ,cream cheese and keep aside.
- Heat pan and add one beaten egg and make a thin omelette with coriander, some salt and black pepper.
- Now take the slices, put the omelette layer and then the vegetable mixture and now toast the sandwich from both the sides.
- Serve hot with choiced dips.